Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Morning Banana Diet - 30 Days Today and i'm Out of Banana's!!!

So i just weighed in at 151lbs. A whopping loss of 9 pounds in 3 days!! No, not really. Read my earlier post before you think i'm an anorexic.... I'm fresh out of Banana's and can't get to the store!! But it's ok, i'll make due with apples, i got plenty of those and should work just as well as banana's. It's all about fiber right? I think anyhow. Thanks to a comment I received from Jessica, I've been researching exercises I can do with my children and found it very difficult to find anything of use to me. Not that the information was useless or anything, just not what i was looking for. Mostly they talk of things such as going for a walk with a stroller or with a baby backpack, playing in the sandbox or dancing with the kids. Basically playing. These are all good, but not what i was looking for. What i AM looking for is ways to USE your children while exercising in a gentle playful way like Jessica suggested. Lifting your child up and playing airplane was a good idea and I tried using my 1 year old like a weight, lifting her her up and down (she thought it was hilarious) and my 3 years as a weight for my legs, doing the same lifting him up and down was a fun right for him and left me with a good thigh burn. Also the "i'm gonna get you!" game of tag where we chase one another around my small house is one of my sons favorites (we also do this at the laundry mat).

One thing i need to do though is to keep myself in check with eating. Not necessarily over-eating, but not eating at the correct times. For instance after my apple and water this morning i ate no further breakfast, but had a peanut butter and jam sandwich at 11am. Its not nearly 1pm and i haven't eaten lunch, and i don't expect to eat anything until dinner. I think my problem is under eating. The diet rules (and is the usual advice) are to eat every 3 or 4 hours. So lunch around 8am (banana/water), lunch at noon, snack at 3pm and dinner around 6pm, but not to eat 4 hours before sleeping. Now i always have my small breakfast with the banana and water, except for the apple today, and usually eat something small in the middle of the day between 11am and 3pm (like a sandwich, eggs or raw veggies) then dinner around 6pm. Of course we don't always remember the 3 cheese sticks i had, or the chocolate muffin (Must write things down!). Then again, maybe i am committing the one diet no-no. That is expecting results to early which causes many to give up. (Don't worry, i'm not going anywhere) I haven't been like this the whole 30 days, in the beginning i never ever ate breakfast (the most important meal of the day!), sometimes ate lunch and had dinner very late, sometimes even as late as Midnight. I slept in past 10am and didn't go to sleep sometimes until 3am. So i guess i have made quite a reform and am happy to say that even though i haven't lost a boat-load of weight (though i have lost at least 5lbs, which is good) I am feeling healthier already, happier. I used to get woken up my my children every morning and sometimes would even fall asleep before them while trying to stay awake long enough to see them to bed, it was no life to have them hounding at me every waking minute!! But that was the old days (last month...) and we're all enjoying our new quality of life thanks to the All Amazing Banana!

Thanks for tuning in to my Morning Banana Blog!
-Angie

A tribute to my hero.... the Banana :)







Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

No comments: