Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Morning Banana Diet Day 34 - I've been bad...

I bought a carton of make-it-yourself whipped cream. I made it myself, then I ate it with a spoon..... it was only a very little carton though and i had to cause it was going to expire, and it was just so good! Oh, and i skipped water with my banana this morning, and didn't sip my water at all slowly yesterday. Then i made pancakes for dinner, not sure if that's unhealthy as far as calories go, haven't checked the nutritional facts yet. Its evening and i weight 151lbs, which is the same as 4 days ago, so hopefully its a little less. I need to start getting back on track with doing this diet properly. I eat my banana and room temp water every morning, but i haven't been eating as slowly as i'm supposed to lately and some mornings i forget the water... I haven't been eating any breakfast other than the banana and still don't have a set-in-stone routine to eat lunch at noon and a snack at 3pm. Its not that i don't eat at those times, but that i tend to skip them entirely, and end up doing things like eating whipped cream. (ok, that doesn't happen all the time.) I'm not prone to messing up my diet with bad things like chips, cakes, whipped cream, and other such treats because i don't buy them when i go grocery shopping and i don't live close enough to a store to go buy junk food on a whim. Is skipping those middle meals so bad if i eat a small breakfast and dinner? I'd really like to start putting more water in my diet, i know i keep saying it and starting it, but just can't keep to it. It's all one step at a time though. The number one diet-bomb is expecting too much of yourself right away and giving up too early. Once you've got the easy rules of the Morning Banana Diet down pat, start adding one more healthy goal at a time, like a daily calorie limit, or 2 minute ab workout.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me to some of his home-made Sushi (not the raw fish kind, just raw veggies) with a piece of pickled ginger on top. When he'd offered it i wanted to say "No-way!". This was my automatic reaction because of some ingrained dislike of them, though i wasn't sure why. I think it had something to do with raw fish being in traditional sushi that just stigmatized the whole sushi group for me. When he assured me that there was no raw fish and that it was just carrot and cucumber, my mind screamed "no way!" again cause it was wrapped in sea weed, and well, sea weed is icky. (I have beach front. Love tied with stinking sea weed is not my friend). A few peer-pressure-filled-minutes-later i found myself popping a sushi roll into my mouth and expecting to gag, but to my absolute surprise it was Delicious! I then proceeded to eat 3 more and soon discovered that i was actually full and satisfied from just 4 sushi rolls. So on my last grocery trip i bought myself all the neccesary ingredients and bamboo mat (for rolling the sushi) and have made a few batch's, each time experimenting with fillings a little more. But is it good for me? Meaning, is it like living off of Mr.Noodles? (little .25cent Chinese noodle soup packages). i will have to check the calories, but i may have solved my missing lunch problem. Its not that i don't like to eat lunch, i just don't feel like coking it, or just plain forget. I could make this the night before when i'm cooking dinner and just put it in the fridge till the next day! I think i'm on to something :) See, just one step step at a time....

Thanks for tuning in to my Morning Banana Blog!
-Angie





Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The MoBa diet is Japanese, and the Japanese love their sushi, and many celebrities owe svelte bodies to eating sushi for a low fat lunch.

Eating lunch is important to stop you feasting at dinner.

Hope you break this plateau, good luck!

Angie said...

@Mia:

Thanks for your comment. It took me a moment to realize what Moba meant, i thought it might be a sushi diet lol :) Your right thought, lunch is very important and sushi is very popular in Japan, perhaps they're on to something... :)

And as it happens, I made Sushi for lunch today and it was very satisfying!