Monday, February 9, 2009

My Morning Banana Diet - Best Banana's?



So I was at the grocery store stocking up on my supply of delicious yellow fruit- {Banana's of course} and when I found them in the produce section I discovered that I had to make a choice between brands. Dole or Chiquita. It came to me that I didn't know the difference or whether one was better then the other. So I just grabbed 3 bunch's of the nicest looking one's (making sure one bunch was green so it would have longer to ripen) and would you know it, I picked Dole. So I did a Google search when I got home and discovered that Dole and Chiquita were two of the top three Banana Companies in the world and that Dole in fact was at the top. Could that be why they are at the top, are they just better? And what really is the difference between the Banana Companies? Its not a secret recipe is it, aren't they just Banana's? So i figured it must boil down to management, company standards for how the farms are handled and how quickly and safely the fruit was shipped to various locations, lets not forget customer service. All these things together contribute to the over all quality of the banana's we buy at the grocery store.

Dole Organic has an interesting idea. There is a 3 digit farm i.d. number on the banana's sticker that if you were to go to they're web page and enter the numbers you could "travel" with the banana. Learn about the farm it came from, look at pictures and have an enriched banana experience.

I found the Dole.com web page to be very informational and easy to navigate, there was even information about the morning banana diet that was not on Chiquita's web page. I was not incredibly impressed with Chiquita's web page (though i'm sure its way better than mine is), but compared to the No.1 Banana company, Chiquita paled in comparison. Though it was not that tricky to navigate, everything section was just a small blurb about the subject in question,
nothing to special. Now that's not to say that i didn't find anything good about Chiquita, or that i didn't find anything bad about Dole. But those things did not have anything to do with the quality of the banana.

In the end everyone will make they're own choice, or just buy what is put in front of them. But I've decided that I like Dole the best, because it's just a good tasting Banana. Will you walk away from this post craving a Dole Banana? Who knows, all i can tell you is that I for one am beginning to feel hungry...

Thanks for tuning in to my Morning Banana Blog!
-Angie










Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

No comments: